From: main@ruskcountyarc.groups.io on behalf of Stephen Freeman <firebug@...>
Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 20:47
To: main@ruskcountyarc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RuskCountyARC] Interesting map of linked repeaters

Very handy map!   I enjoy listening to the Tuesday night net (happening now) on the Kilgore repeater or even the Longview repeater because it spans such a great distance.  I recently picked up a repeater that is supposedly in Alto but they call it a "Lufkin" repeater that stays pretty active as well (146.38).   Tuesday night is busy.  Palestine net, one of Tyler nets, Lufkin and the wide area net that Kilgore is part of.  Pretty cool.

Stephen Freeman

I have been totally happy with my antenna setup.  I guess being out here on 6 mile hill doesn't hurt either because I'm just far enough South to catch more Southern repeaters but I can pick up repeaters from a long ways.  One day I will be able to talk back to them ;)!

Stephen Freeman

I have heard Dudley for months now, every morning and evening.  I don't think I have met him at the meetings but I hear him every day asking, "is anyone out there".  I look forward to actually being able to answer him that there is someone out there ever time he asks!   I heard through the grapevine that he might be interested in an Yaesue 100.  I would love to sell him mine.