Topics

FW: Potential for severe weather; Friday afternoon into Saturday morning

Keith Ballow

Good Morning!

Just wanted to share a bit of information regarding the threat of Severe Weather for this afternoon and evening.

Listening to the NWS Briefing at 10 a.m. they wanted to emphasize to everyone that the main line of severe weather is likely to move through Rusk County around midnight, (in the dark), give or take.

There is a possibility of isolated, strong thunder storms developing as early as this afternoon, out ahead of the main line and continuing until the main line passes through the area sometime around midnight.

There is a chance for EF2 or stronger tornados and thunderstorm winds in excess of 58 mph. The main risk of hail will be a little west of us but we could still see some large hail with these isolated, stronger, storms.

The timing of all this is not exact and can and probably will vary.

The main point is that there is the possibility of Tornados, Hail, and High Winds from anytime this afternoon, through the night time hours until midnight and after.

We will probably have a Skywarn net up on the 146.780 repeater beginning this afternoon when the first cells develop and continue into the night time hours until the threat passes.

Our backup, (should the 146.780 repeater lose power or go down), will be the ETECS repeater at the Hospital, 147.040+, Tone 136.5, so you may want to get that programmed into your radios if it isn’t already.

Should we have issues with the ETECS repeater or if it’s busy we’ll revert to simplex, 146.520.

Remember, when the Skywarn net is up, only report substantial information.

No need to report light winds and light rain, and if you get out mobile, be smart and don’t put yourself in danger, especially at night when you can’t see well.

Stay alert! Keep an eye and ear on the weather this afternoon and this evening!

Keith

KN5G