Re: aluminum truck

Don Gamble

Congrats on your new wheels and radio install!

73 Don.

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020, 1:09 AM Stephen Freeman <firebug@...> wrote:
Hey guys!  I just bought an aluminum body Ford (no negative comments please, it's a really awesome King Ranch that I love).   I had been using a K400s mount for my diamond antenna and it worked great with the set screws digging into the steel hood.  Now not so much.   So what have you aluminum body truck guys found to be most affective for a ground plane for an aluminum body vehicle?  I would really like to keep using the K400 so what is the best way to ground it?   I actually haven't tried mounting the radio in the new truck yet so I'm off the air mobile until I figure out a plan.

Thanks!
Stephen K5SKF

Join main@RuskCountyARC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.